Saturday, July 18, 2009

KAMINEY

I have hardly updated my blog so early previously.
But a couple of songs from this move made me write about it.
The first one definately being "dhaan te naan", there is nothing great about the song but then the use of the tune "dhaan te naan" which almost all of us have used during childhood days at various occassions like when telling some story to our friends and I still remember it used to be the entry tune of the hero.
Vishal Bharadwaj has used that tune very nicely and the for the first time ever i thought that someone surpassed Sukhvinder Singh in a high pitch song and vishal dadlani succeded in it quite brilliantly.
Probably it's because of his rock music influences.
The other song that's making the round is "Pehli Bar Mohabbat" which is brialliantly sung by
Mohit chauhan.It definately will remind you of those beautiful moments with your partner.
There is a different kind of madness in his voice I dont know the exact word but probably it's called kashish, correct me if I am wrong.
It really has some really lovely lyrics listen to it carefully and I am sure you will love it.
The only problem with me in this case is that I have stopped listening to such love songs and even stopped watching love story based movies.
The other really nice song is the title song "Kaminey" which is a slow song but I was surprised to find that it is sung by Vishal Bharadwaj himself.
It's a nice slow song which some really interesting lyrics.
Something that I have noticed about the lyrics written by the vetren lyricst and writer Gulzar is that he seriously is writing some beautiful lyrics over the last few years, be it
"Slumdog Millionaire","omkara" or "Guru" .
Although many people knew him before "jai ho" also but it did shot him to the fame so late in his career.
Vishal Bharadwaj being the only few directors in bollywood who understands music and has an ear for it succeeds in creating an album with some really good songs.
The other songs are not as good but people in this country have strange taste so you might like the other songs also.

No comments: